Miyerkules, Mayo 18, 2011

Mark’s interview in OK! Middle East Magazine

“Rihanna is the coolest girl around”. MARK FEEHILY
The Westlife singer chats to us before his performance in the UAE
With 14 number one UK singles and a cult following of devoted fans, the Westlife singer/songwriter is living a dream. Throw in the fact that Mark, 30, has also found his soulmate in Kevin McDaid (they plan to wed later this year) and he couldn’t be happier. Here he reveals who has him starstruck and what the best thing is about being on tour…

You’ve been to Dubai a couple of times before…
That’s right. The very first time was about six years ago. We went to the Burj Al Arab and I can still remember their dancing fountains and being picked up in a Bentley.

What’s the best thing about being on tour?
Being face to face with the fans. To know that our music has such a big effect on their lives is an amazing feeling. Being on stage gives us a chance to bond with them. The banners they used to hold in the crowd used to be quite tame – now they’re quite cheeky!

After performing on stage, what do you usually do?
Well last night I was really buzzed up, but just came back to the hotel room and watched a documentary called Freak Like Me – it was about people with really strange habits. For me it was riveting viewing. I like unusual things like that!

You’re active on Twitter and follow a few celebrities including Russell Brand – is he a friend of yours?
Well I’ve met Russell a few times and he’s funny. I haven’t met his wife Katy Perry. We’ve met so many famous people over the years but I don’t have any really close celebrity friends.

Which pop star do you admire?
Rihanna is the coolest singer out there at the moment. I spent some time with her in Barbados earlier in the year. A friend of mine runs a radio station there and invited us to a party and Take That were there as well – anyway I got talking to Rihanna and she was such a friendly, down- to-earth girl. I had the best night!

You’ve been in the industry for 13 years now. What’s your take on the fame game?
When I’m away from Westlife, I don’t go to celebrity events. My mind doesn’t work like that. I like having relaxed nights in!

Have you ever been starstruck?
I spent my entire childhood listening to Mariah Carey and so it was a really surreal experience when I finally met her. She was really nice, not a difficult diva at all. I spent a lot of time with her in the studio, rehearsing for hours on end and sometimes we’d go for dinner afterwards. I’m glad I got to spend time with her and that it was a positive experience. You can get a false impression of someone if you only meet them for a really short time.

You turn 31 in May…how will you be spending your birthday?
My 30th was a big deal but this year I haven’t really thought about it. I might be in the studio. My ideal situation would be to spend the evening with Kevin and some friends, going for dinner with a few drinks afterwards.

What are your other passions besides music?
I’m driven by creativity – I love tennis, songwriting and photography. Myself and Kevin have done all the Westlife photography for the last few years. I would love to direct music videos and shows further down the line.

What else does the future hold for Westlife?
We are about to record another album – a greatest hits which includes new material. All our hits to date excite us but we will try to fit as many new songs as possible.


Credit/Source: OK! Middle East Magazine | westlife.gr/villy

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento